This is What Happened When James Cameron Was Supposed to Do an X-Men Movie!



Here is what one of the X-men writers said of the Day the meeting happened with James Cameron:

It was going to be a Cameron-produced film directed by Kathryn Bigelow. What happened was that Stan (Lee)and I went to a meeting with Cameron. The whole point was to pitch the X-Men movie. He was going to do it, he was going to produce it. He was looking to have Kathryn Bigelow direct it.
I was all set to talk ideas with the guys, and we're sitting there...Stan looks at him, and says, "I hear you really like Spider-Man." And Cameron's eyes light up, and he's, like, "Oh, man, I love Spider-Man!"...and Stan's pitching ideas to Cameron, Cameron's pitching ideas to Stan, and going back and forth. And the rest of us are sitting there kind of watching the X-Men evaporate into oblivion.

He (Stan Lee) knew which character was his favorite, and if I were him, I would have done the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment