Marvel's New Director for Dr. Strange Movie Speaks!



In doing an interview recently the new director for the Dr. Strange Marvel movie had this to say (remember he is a horror movie director) :
 
     “I think when you consider the work that I've done it makes sense that he'd be my favorite comic book character, at least in the Marvel universe. Probably the only comic character in that mainstream world that I'm suited to. I feel such an affinity for the character and the story and the ambition of those comics, especially the original Stan Lee and Steve Ditko ‘Strange Tales’ - I think those are my favorite of all of them. The entire history of the comics is extraordinary …
     I think the nicest surprise for me, the most unexpected surprise, is the positive reaction. Both to me getting the film - I guess I expected the detractors, and they just haven't been there, it's all been quite positive. More than that, it's just the general enthusiasm for Doctor Strange. I think people who know the comic world and the Marvel universe, they all feel the same way I do, which is, "This is the Marvel movie we're all ready to see now." This movie needs to exist. The outpouring of excitement that people have shown is the thing I've been most pleasantly surprised.”

No comments:

Post a Comment