What a Fun Family Card Game for the Fantasy Loving Crowd!


What a delight Gamewright is.  It is rare that I open a Gamewright game and find myself disappointed.  And that is as an adult board gamer!  I am not sure who they have on staff over there, but they have the magic touch!  What is interesting is that I am not the only one in my family with great love for Gamewright.  I also have 6 kids who have yet to dislike a Gamewright game.  Dragonwood was no different.  This game rocks!

This is almost the perfect mix between a press your luck dice game, and a construction game.  Your basic goal in the game is to score as many points as you can.  You score points by capturing various magical creatures from actual on fire ants to giant dragons.  You capture mystical creatures by a combination of dice and card play.  All of this is super easy as my family learned to play this game in 6 minutes thanks to a handy how to video on youtube!  But what really sealed the deal on fun for our family with this game was the opportunity to not only capture creatures, but to capture gear that would help you capture even more creatures.  One of the highlights of the game for us was when my 14 year old, very masculine, boy squealed with delight when he captured the magical unicorn.  So funny!

Turns are fast and furious in this game where everyone is waiting to see what you will do.  This is good when you are playing with kids or adults with short attention spans.  There was never a time where I didn’t care what the other player was doing on their turn as their play always seemed to affect my future plan.

It should be noted that the artwork for this game is simply outstanding.  We all noted the look of various cards we won and how great they looked.

In the end, this is a great little $14 family strategy game that my kids and I are looking forward to playing again soon.  Now if only someone could convince Gamewright to make an expansion to this awesome game!  You can find Dragonwood here on Amazon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment